STEP Graduate Mentoring Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you failed, try again!

2 posters

Go down

If you failed, try again! Empty If you failed, try again!

Post  clare Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:50 pm

If you failed, try again!
The reason for I use this title to post my words is to encourage us Chinese English teacher to face the challenge and never give up.
In the past, I spoke a lot English in my class and I got some feedback from the head teacher and the students that they couldn’t follow me. So later l changed much, I spoke more Chinese.
Through this summer’ training, our teacher Mr hauschiltd gave us many important and valuable classes. The key point is not to give up even when your students can not understand you. you need to repeat it again and again until they can understand you. and one day you will find this repetition is very rewarding.
Recently , I have giving class totally in English, at the first week, they had some complains, and I told them: don’t complain it is useless and I’m very glad to help you if you can not understand and I will repeat the explanations to you till you can completely make them clear.
This is the second week, I find they have a lot changes and they are following me. This morning, I gave them the phrase “blow one’s top” first they didn’t know, I didn’t tell them the Chinese meaning, I gave them example and show them the body gesture and facial expression till they guessed the meaning. I have a great sense of achievement.
clare

clare

Back to top Go down

If you failed, try again! Empty Way to go!

Post  msorffinchina Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:34 am

Hey, Clare!

I am so encouraged by your post. Your students are going to learn English in leaps and bounds because you are brave enough to use only English in your teaching. I believe in you and support you in all your efforts. Keep up the good work!

Margi List

msorffinchina

Back to top Go down

If you failed, try again! Empty way to go

Post  clare Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:42 pm

Thanks for your positive comment. What I do now is because of the learning from all your dedicated teachers in Guangya school.
And I will keep speaking English and teaching in English. I trully believe I will be rewarded on day!(my students' English can be greatly improved)!

clare

Back to top Go down

If you failed, try again! Empty Re: If you failed, try again!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum