STEP Graduate Mentoring Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fly Swatter Game Every day, try something new!

2 posters

Go down

Fly Swatter Game Every day, try something new! Empty Fly Swatter Game Every day, try something new!

Post  clare Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:57 am

Fly Swatter Game Every day, try something new!
clare Today at 8:11 am

Yesterday, I tried the Fly Swatter Game in my classroom teaching but I made some changes. In Ms Cady’s class, we have to listen to the English definition of the words, but my students may not be able to follow me if I copy the way, so I taught them the pronunciations and gave them the English explanations of the words and the made some sentences to illustrate the use of the words. Later in the game, I gave them the Chinese meanings of the words and made everybody take part in the game. It worked very well.
What I really want to say is we can try to make the English learning more interesting and create an active learning atmosphere. But before the class, we need make a very full preparation and try to play some games which were taught in GUANGYA SCHOOL. The most important point is to make some changes according to the different students’ English level. Everyday, try something new!
Hoping we can enjoy our teaching!

clare

Back to top Go down

Fly Swatter Game Every day, try something new! Empty Thanks for the good advice

Post  mr_don Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:46 pm

Clare,
This was s great way to take an idea and adjust it to your specific needs. Thanks for the suggestion. This is a good tip for everyone! the things you have learned in training are concepts. Take one that is interesting to you, adjust it to fit your needs and then try it. If it does not work the first time, adjust and try again.

mr_don

Back to top Go down