STEP Graduate Mentoring Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Say a "Hi"

2 posters

Go down

Say a "Hi" Empty Say a "Hi"

Post  joseph Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:14 pm

It’s almost two weeks since we parted and it’s really a good memory to keep in mind to have this opportunity to share a wonderful month with all the foreign teachers and all my Chinese fellow teachers. I miss everyone. The forum gives us the chance to keep in touch as well as to share idea about teaching. Now I’m still on vacation and I’m combing what I have learnt in Guangya School in my mind. I will use these new ideas soon in my class and it’s exciting that I will meet new students in Grade 1. At that time, I will share my story with all of you. Now I’m writing something unimportant just to keep in touch with everybody. I hope we can have more people in the forum. It’s unnecessary to talk something important. Just say something; just use English; just say a “Hi” to our friends! I’d like to invite more teachers here via e-mail or qq.

joseph

Back to top Go down

Say a "Hi" Empty Moon Festival

Post  davidst46530 Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:52 pm

I hope you enjoyed moon cakes during your Mid-Autumn Festival. I certainly thought of you teaching and celebrating. Do you talk about holidays in your classes? This is a good way to get them to practice English. You might have them make little statements in English to describe what they do in the festival. They could make the statement to tell a foreign teacher or student what you do. Most people in the U.S. or Canada don't know anything about this important festival. I have never been in China for this time. I wish that could have been with you.

Here is another idea. Make a simple dialogue talking about what you did to celebrate. You could make up some questions to put on the board or on small slips of paper. Here are some examples: What do you eat? What does it taste like? Why are the cakes round? What do you celebrate during this festival?

David Starks
davidst46530
davidst46530

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum