STEP Graduate Mentoring Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recycling my methods

Go down

Recycling my methods Empty Recycling my methods

Post  Kaylene Mon May 07, 2012 3:55 pm

Sometimes we feel like we have to come up with some new and exciting activity for every class or our Ss will feel too bored and not be interested in learning. Actually, you don't have to come up with something new every time!

If you have a teaching idea or teaching method that works very well with your Ss, make a note in your lesson plan book or textbook that your Ss responded very well to that teaching method or activity. Then, review your old teaching notes later. In the coming weeks and terms, recycle those successful methods and activities (do them again but with information from new units).

* Your Ss will feel comfortable and happy because it is a method they are familiar with and they enjoyed doing before!
* You will feel less tired and anxious (worried) about your lessons because you know your Ss already know how to do something this way and they enjoy it, and you won't have to think of NEW ideas EVERY time you teach!

Here at STEP, we often recycle basic teaching methods and activity types. You can do it too! Variety is nice but returning to things that have worked in the past is also good! Smile

~~Miss Kaylene

Kaylene

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum